Does this sound familiar? You are stretched really thin, you have a lot on your plate, you are filling multiple roles—and your best team member leaves. It’s the worst feeling ever to lose the person you’ve counted on, the one who always had your back, and the key person helping you get things done. It can leave you feeling hopeless, helpless, and confused, feeling overwhelmed about going through the hiring process again.
If you’ve felt this scenario and know exactly what I mean, join me for this episode to learn strategies to deal with this situation. All hope is not lost!
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production.
- How situations that seem like the worst can actually make a business stronger
- What to do at first when you lose a key team member: take some deep breaths, get outside for fresh air, and don’t neglect your self-care
- Ask yourself, “What can I put off? What can I say ‘not yet’ to?”
- How to look at the void left by that team member and consider breaking up their role into smaller pieces
- How to decide whether or not you need a FT or PT person to fill their role
- How to use this opportunity to step back and redefine the role (Our How to Hire the Best course can help!)
- How to hire with clearly defined results in mind and onboard a team member with clear expectations
- How to turn this setback into a springboard
- How to build redundancy into multiple roles to prevent dependency on any one team member
- Why you should reflect and ask, “Where was I vulnerable? Where was the business vulnerable? What systems and strategies can I put in place to reduce that vulnerability?”
Links and Resources:
Mentioned in this episode: The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
Connect with Take the Better Business, Better Life Assessment: www.tapthepotential.com/assessment
Our Better Business Better Life Jumpstart can help your profitability in every way. Sign up today for the next session that begins on Oct. 2!
Join the Tap the Potential Community on Mighty Networks: www.tapthepotential.com/group
Let us help you and your business! Book a call with us today!
Let us help you manage your time, your most valuable resource! Get your FREE copy of the Tap the Potential Strategic Planner for 2023 at www.tapthepotential.com/planner.
Download Dr. Sabrina’s Introductory Training: How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour