As Thanksgiving is upon us, I’m filled with gratitude for our Tap the Potential team. They bring their best every day to serve our clients, and they are committed to our mission to help entrepreneurs take their lives back. Our team is impressive, for sure! I’m also grateful for our clients over the years; every single business owner has helped me learn so much on this journey of 17+ years.
For today’s show, I want to focus on ways we can all work gratitude into our daily experiences. An intentional gratitude practice can be a way to lift our spirits every single day. When we acknowledge what we are grateful for, we are recognizing that the source of goodness lies, at least partially, outside of ourselves. That sense of connection with something larger than ourselves is beneficial in many ways. According to positive psychology research, gratitude is consistently associated with greater happiness, positive emotions, improved health, more resilience, and better relationships. Don’t we all need more of those things in our lives? Join me for a closer look at the benefits of gratitude!
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production.
- Remember that the success you wished for and worked for brings more challenges–and it’s the success that someone else is wishing for right now.
- How gratitude helps us to focus on the good—and grow more of it
- How our gratitude impacts our team AND our personal self-esteem as business owners
- How gratitude causes “synchronized activation in multiple brain regions” to produce more serotonin and dopamine (from a 2008 study)
- What leading gratitude researchers discovered about gratitude, optimism, and improved health
- What the impacts are when a business owner expresses gratitude–both on their team AND on themselves
- What came from a 2016 study called The Grateful Workplace about a growth mindset vs. a fixed mindset
- How to be a grateful boss and cultivate gratitude within your team (Dr. Sabrina shares a team-building gratitude exercise!)
- Dr. Sabrina’s simple suggestions for cultivating more gratitude on the personal side
Links and Resources:
Join our Jumpstart. It’s our five-day (one hour each day) workshop to start celebrating your wins; each day is a small step with significant impact for you and your team!
Learn more about the next How to Hire the Best course. You can register now for the final session to be offered in 2022.
Download our Workbook and take our Better Business Better Life Assessment.
New! Now Available!!
The 4 Week Vacation book with bonuses! Follow the steps to claim your spot for the upcoming live training, The 4 Week Vacation Better Business Better Life Jumpstart!
Download Dr. Sabrina’s Introductory Training: How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour