An executive assistant can make a huge difference in your life as an entrepreneur, as Dr. Sabrina can attest. Her own EA, Melissa Swire, joins her in this eye-opening discussion on how executive assistants can take so much off your plate that you have time for those $10,000 an hour activities that are the hot topics among many of Tap the Potential’s clients.
In addition, an executive assistant is a forward-thinking, strategic partner, as you will hear in their conversation. Melissa has tremendous insight into how to teach us entrepreneurs to let go so that we can grow our teams and have that opportunity to work from our strengths.
Melissa is the Founder of the Servant-Hearted CEO, Co-Founder of the non-profit Patriots Cove, and the Elizabeth Dole Fellow for the State of Pennsylvania. She helps entrepreneurs maximize executive-assistant relationships so that together, they can get their lives back.
Her course and coaching program, the Servant-Hearted CEO Executive Assistant Certification®, prepares executive assistants to support business leaders remotely, ending overwhelm and freeing up their time to do the things they love.
Melissa is on a mission to bring financial stability to disabled military veteran families. For every course sold, one is given to a military caregiver, and together we make an impact.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Melissa shares the compelling story of how she got into the world of executive assistants.
- Melissa is very involved in the military caregiver community and is passionate about providing people (many of whom have left high-level, corporate jobs) with the skills to be an EA and the opportunity to stay home and care for their military spouse.
- The inspiring history and mission behind Patriot's Cove.
- How describing your ideal day to your EA can give your EA the confidence and insight needed to organize your calendar to your distinct advantage.
- Having a dedicated two-week period to focus on projects while minimizing meetings is very productive.
- Dr. Sabrina explains how she and Melissa worked together to make her calendar flow very efficiently, which enables her to be fully present with people when she knows what to expect.
- Melissa provides tips and tricks to organizing a calendar.
- Melissa addresses common misgivings and fears when considering hiring an EA.
- To consider: If you had an executive assistant to help you create your ideal schedule and to follow that schedule to protect your time, what would your life and your business look like 60 and 90 days from now?
- NEXT WEEK: We will have a follow-up episode around the fears of letting go, and how to delegate effectively so that your EA can take things off your plate for you, what qualities to look for, and more!
Connect with Melissa!
FREE Download: How to Get Started with an Executive Assistant
Melissa’s Tip: Use the http://www.tapthepotential.com/10k/ download in conjunction with her EA download! This will help you to see all the things you are doing that are holding your business back.
Links and Resources:
NEW! Facebook Group: Entrepreneurs Take Your Life Back! Upon joining, you’ll get access to exclusive, free, mini-trainings from Dr. Sabrina, including the Better Business, Better Life™ jumpstart, as well as the “How to Hire the Best” jumpstart! No charge to join! Let’s get to know each other!
BUY THE BOOK ON AMAZON: How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
COURSE: How to Hire the Best
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program.
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
Books Frequently Mentioned:
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best: The Rural Business Owner's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How To Hire The Best: The Contractor’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz