Visioning Your Future Success in Business and Life with Sir Steven Wilkinson
The biggest difference between business owners who thrive and those who continually struggle is a clear and compelling vision. My guest today is sharing how to develop a specific vision for your business and your life, and how to get ALL your team members on board. Join us to learn more!
Sir Steven Wilkinson found himself pivoting through the COVID pandemic to gain clarity and increase his writing and consulting work. As a business finance and investment expert, he takes on the role of a critical thinking partner with business owners and works with leaders of human-scale businesses who are having growth challenges. He is the creator of Good & Prosper, a platform through which he teaches finance to entrepreneurs and business leaders. Sir Steven is also a founding member of the Small Giants Community, a US-based organization of business leaders who focus on connections, culture, and caring. Though the impact of his work reaches all over the world, Englishman Sir Steven resides in Ireland with his wife, four children, three dogs, and a horse. He loves long-distance trail walking, cross country skiing, sailing, listening to podcasts, and writing enthusiastically with a cup of green tea close at hand.
If you are ready to act with intention and let go of vague and hazy visions of your future success in business and life, join us now for this inspiration-packed conversation with Sir Steven!
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- What it means to have a “human-scale business”
- The difference in growing a business based on a people model vs. a profit model
- The importance of aligning decisions with the clear and compelling vision to support the people in your business
- How to break out of the “Groundhog Day” trap with big intention
- How the two states of mind of the entrepreneur are like “the fantasy of someone in prison who is dreaming of life in a different state”
- How Sir Steven was influenced most by two people, one of which was his grandmother, who said, “If you don’t know where you’re going, you’ll end up somewhere else.”
- Why the power of an intention is in its specificity
- Steps in Sir Steven’s visioning exercise:
- Determine the point in time at which you are visioning. (He explains how to grade your business on foundational criteria.)
- Be specific about what you are DOING at that future time with a specific scenario.
- How we limit our vision with operational questions (asking “how?”)
- What makes a vision great is the energy flow and balance between “strategically sound” and “maximally inspiring” to take you from the present to the future.
- How business leaders who vision properly send out a frequency that resonates with and attracts others
- How the vision tells us what we are NOT going to do so we can dismiss distractions
- How to give everyone on your team input into the draft of the vision so it becomes their own
- How to celebrate the final version of the vision in tangible ways that bring on change management
Links and Resources:
Connect with Sir Steven via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or LinkedIn
Download our Workbook and take our Better Business Better Life Assessment.
Connect with Dr. Sabrina:
Download our Workbook and take our Better Business, Better Life Assessment.
Learn more about the next How to Hire the Best course.
New! Now Available!!
The 4 Week Vacation book with bonuses!
Download Dr. Sabrina’s Introductory Training: How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour
Join Dr. Sabrina in our Entrepreneurs Take Your Life Back! Community