This episode is designed around bringing the best thought leadership around business to small business owners, and we want to bring value by covering a wide and diverse range of topics. Ryan Tansom is here to share his Intentional Growth™principles to help us understand the true value of our businesses. Join us to learn more!
Ryan Tansom started his entrepreneurial career at his family business as the executive VP and was responsible for the strategic, operational, and financial strategy of the $21M company. By bringing intentional focus to the right strategies, he helped turn the company around and enabled it to be sold for eight figures to a local competitor in 2014.
Ryan’s experience led him to the founding of Arkona with his business partner, Pat, to create the Intentional Growth™ framework. This system helps owners grow their companies with an end in mind by helping them view–and run–their companies through educational training, fractional CFO services, and strategic planning. He also hosts the popular Intentional Growth™podcast that has 310+ episodes and over 420,000 downloads and features guests like Gino Wickman, John Warrillow, Mike Michalowicz, and editors of popular publications like HBR and Inc. Magazine. With many passionate keynote speaking engagements, thousands of meetings, and hundreds of podcast interviews, Ryan has his finger on the pulse of the market like few others
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- What Ryan learned through the profitable turnaround and sale of his family’s company
- The major problems with the family business around purpose, equity value, and a strategic roadmap for the future
- What Ryan would have done differently in hindsight
- Why a business owner needs to have clarity about what they REALLY want
- How making decisions from a place of burnout means we are solving for the wrong problem
- The #1 thing business owners can do to make sure the reward is worth the risk
- Why everyone has anxiety around “knowing the numbers” and making decisions around your financial statements
- Ryan’s overview of the Intentional Growth™ principles and what they mean:
- Know your drivers and what you want from your business.
- Know your financial targets: annual income, net worth, and valuation in the future.
- Know your exit options and how each one impacts your role and the value of the business.
- Create sustainable, predictable, and transferrable cash flow.
- Use your team of advisers to help.
- How to understand enterprise value, equity value, and net proceeds
- Why it’s important for business owners to know their value drivers
Links and Resources:
Get Ryan’s Intentional Growth Principles andTraining: https://arkona.io/the-intentional-growth-training-and-5-principles
Use code tapthepotential to save 25% on the Intentional Growth Training.
Join me for the upcoming FREE Better Business Better Life Jumpstart to learn the Tap the Potential Solution. It’s a value-packed week of live clinics with me on Zoom, and I would love to have you join us!
Learn more about the next How to Hire the Best course. You can register now for the next course that begins in October.
New! Now Available!!
The 4 Week Vacation book with bonuses! Follow the steps to claim your spot for the upcoming live training, The 4 Week Vacation Better Business Better Life Jumpstart!
Download Dr. Sabrina’s Introductory Training: How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour