We often talk about how we, as entrepreneurs, are A-players, and how our businesses benefit from hiring A-players, so who could possibly think that there’s a dark side to this, an Achilles heel of being an A-player?
In today’s episode, guest Nick Pavlidis reveals what we need to be aware of around this dark side as we work on designing our businesses that give us our lives back. Nick shares so many inspiring nuggets of wisdom that you may even find yourself experiencing a total mindset shift during this conversation, so please join us!
Nick Pavlidis is a lawyer-turned-ghostwriter, podcaster, and course creator. Nick helps thought leaders write books that build more momentum during the writing process than most books build over their lifetime. He also helps writers turn their talent and passion for writing into a profitable ghostwriting business.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Nick shares the compelling story of why he transitioned from a law career into a writing career, and how making these decisions surrounding that transition gave Nick his life back.
- Dr. Sabrina and Nick discuss the lessons he learned during that period of time.
- The downside to being an A-player is learning to set boundaries. Dr. Sabrina explains why this is imperative to the entrepreneur.
- What value could you be providing when you’re not in the weeds? What’s being missed with your top clients? Understand the value of what you and your business offer.
- When we, as entrepreneurs, own our value and recognize and work from our strengths, the value gets delivered to our clients.
- Nick shares information about his course, Booked!, which is designed for thought leaders. This course will walk you through the same process that his ghost-writing clients go through to help achieve success and teaches you how to use the book-writing process as a way to generate revenue and new opportunities.
Connect with Nick!
Follow Nick on Twitter and Instagram, check out his various websites: Nick Pavlidis, From Book to Booked!, Authority Ghostwriting, and Ghostwriter School; and listen to his podcasts at Five Minutes with Dad and Confessions of a Terrible Husband.
Links and Resources:
Suggested Listening: 24: From Weeders to Leaders – Tapping into Your Team’s Greatness with Jeff McManus
NEW! Facebook Group: Entrepreneurs Take Your Life Back! Upon joining, you’ll get access to exclusive, free, mini-trainings from Dr. Sabrina, including the Better Business, Better Life™ jumpstart, as well as the “How to Hire the Best” jumpstart! No charge to join! Let’s get to know each other!
BUY THE BOOK ON AMAZON: How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
COURSE: How to Hire the Best
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program.
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
Books Frequently Mentioned:
The 4 Week Vacation by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD – COMING OCTOBER 2021!
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best: The Rural Business Owner's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How To Hire The Best: The Contractor’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz