Entrepreneurship is the most rigorous personal development program we can undertake and today’s guest, Jake Lipman is embracing this. Jake shares how he is up-leveling his life and business through his coaching with Dr. Sabrina and the Tap the Potential team. Jake takes part in Tap the Potential’s Exclusive Small Group Coaching Program. He has attended the Breakthroughs on the Bayou Retreat for two years in a row and is coming back in 2020. Jake shares what his business and life were like prior to working with us, and how he has grown and evolved. Jake is not done. He realizes there is more and he is ready!
What I really appreciate about Jake is his ability to ask powerful questions, listen, and connect. He is very people-oriented, and he has built a tremendous culture in his business using his People strength, and that really shines through! Tune in and get ready for some powerful takeaways.
Jakob Lipman has practiced immigration law for over twenty years. His practice focuses on employment-based immigration, counseling employers in complex immigration practice and policy concerns. Jake has lectured on immigration-related subjects in a variety of settings and has authored articles on corporate immigration compliance. Jake is recognized by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law. Jake has been married for 26 years and has 7 children and 2 granddaughters. He enjoys hiking, golfing, preparing and eating amazing food and generally goofing around. He is fluent in Spanish.
- Jake describes being in growth mode at his business, but being stuck there without knowing how to move to the next level.
- Dr. Sabrina recalls a time when she struggled to wrap her head around the concept of setting up a business so that it wasn’t her doing all the work.
- Jake shares how it initially felt hard to break out of the mold when clients expect him to be the one delivering. With Dr. Sabrina’s coaching, through small, incremental steps, the groundwork was laid, so that he was able to see the path looks like to get there.
- Learning to accept challenges and accountability, and managing the blind spots.
- Jake relates the connection and support in the group and how enlightening it is to see how their challenges are similar to his, even though they come from different backgrounds and industries.
- Being allowed vulnerability in the midst of the Tap the Potential’s coaching program has been a new experience for Jake.
- Taking on personal development work to become a better, more effective leader.
- Learning how to ask better questions, rather than going down the dark path of fear and worry, was a turning point for Jake.
- How the communication tools and leadership tools at Tap the Potential can help you have better relationships, spilling over in a positive way from your business life into your personal life with your spouse and children.
- Asking a thoughtful question and listening to the answer is one of the best gifts you can give a person.
- Jake shares how he is creating the culture within his business, not just among his team but among his clients, as well. (Hint: trust goes a long way!)
- What to look for in an A-player.
- The Peoplemap Assessment™ is part of Tap the Potentia’s offerings. Jake is using Peoplemap to find areas of strength, and recognize that everyone has challenges.
- Questions to consider when people leave: what’s going on that makes someone want to leave? What can we do to change the culture to where they don’t want to leave?
- Breakthroughs on the Bayou Retreat – Jake shares his two retreat experiences and what it means for him to be a gift from his gifts.
- Purposefully “un-plugging”.
- What the vision board can represent, and how powerful it can be.
- If you’re the type to ask, “What’s next?”, you might be a good fit for the retreat!
Links and Resources:
Would you be a good fit to join Tap the Potential’s Exclusive Small Group Coaching Program to transform your business into a highly profitable, great place to work and create more space in your life for what is meaningful? Take our Assessment at www.TapThePotential.com/Assessment
Apply for Tap the Potential’s Exclusive Small Group Coaching Program:
There are just 5 spots remaining for the 2020 Breakthroughs on the Bayou 4 Week Vacation™ Legacy Retreat. Apply here: www.TapThePotential.com/Retreat
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Connect with Jake!
Change Your Questions, Change Your Life: 12 Powerful Tools for Leadership, Coaching, and Life, by Marilee Adams, Ph.D.