Hi, Profit Designers! As we at Tap the Potential gear up for a number of special, upcoming projects, we’re taking this time to bring you some of our most popular episodes from the vault! We hope you enjoy it, and we’ll be back with new episodes for you very soon!
Freedom in your business: is this important to you? It’s so important to David Jenyns that he systemized himself out of his business! Join us as he shares his compelling story of why it’s so important to him, his passion for sharing it with others, and the surprising benefit of systemizing your own business.
David’s entrepreneurial journey begins back in his early 20’s when he sold Australia’s most-loved sporting ground, the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Since then, his business experience spans from franchising retail clothing stores to founding one of Australia’s most trusted digital agencies, melbourneSEOservices.com.
In 2016, he successfully systemized himself out of the business, hired a CEO, and stepped back from the daily operations. Through this process, he became a systems devotee – founding systemHUB & SYSTEMology. Today, his mission is to free all business owners worldwide from the daily operations of running their business.
Recognized as a high-achieving entrepreneur, you will find many of David’s keynote presentations on YouTube including TEDx, WordCamp and Problogger.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- David shares how, when he found out his wife was pregnant, he was working 70 hours a week, which made him consider what kind of dad he wanted to be for his kids.
- He intuitively knew that systemizing the process was going to be his way out. He had a background in stock market trading and this had initially taught him about systems and plans.
- Getting stuck because he built the business around himself, locking him deeper and deeper in the business.
- Dr. Sabrina recognizes a key limiting belief in the story that David is relating: “This business needs me. My business is different.
- David gives us the worries that he had as he was considering how to systemize his business, and how he finally realized he didn’t have to hold that bag.
- Dr. Sabrina’s test that she relies on: “It’s just the way it is.” If she starts thinking this, it is her red flag to stop and say, “Oh, no, sister, it doesn’t have to be this. There could be another possibility.”
- David describes the process of getting his team involved of systemizing, in the midst of their busy-ness.
- He discovered that it’s easier to have two people working on the systemization: one who has the knowledge, and one who does the documentation.
- If you can figure out what the problem is, then you can consult an expert who has that part of the process already figured out.
- Utilize GoPros and video cameras, talk it out, let somebody capture it, then the process can be put into place using these tools.
- Over-complicating things in small business is the biggest gap that David has recognized.
- A minimum, viable system is the place to start, and then test it out, and see what needs to be added.
- Other business opportunities open up for you once you systemize your business.
- Valuing opportunities for the experience over the money.
- Freeing people from the operations is David’s dream. The deeper story behind David’s “why”.
- “The Sheet” – a weekly allowance scorecard from childhood that taught David some important life lessons.
- Growing as a person, when your business begins to grow. Bad habits that need to be broken.
- David describes the benefits of systemHUB.
- Complexity is the enemy of systems and systemizations. Simplify as much as possible. Features actually take away from the outcome. Figure out and use the key systems that need to be in place for your business to function. Nail “simple” first!
- Want to learn more? Found out How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour!
Links and Resources:
How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour
NEW! Facebook Group: Entrepreneurs Take Your Life Back! Upon joining, you’ll get access to exclusive, free, mini-trainings from Dr. Sabrina, including the Better Business, Better Life™ jumpstart, as well as the “How to Hire the Best” jumpstart! No charge to join! Let’s get to know each other!
BUY THE BOOK ON AMAZON: How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
COURSE: How to Hire the Best
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program.
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Books Frequently Mentioned:
The 4 Week Vacation by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD – COMING OCTOBER 2021!
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best: The Rural Business Owner's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How To Hire The Best: The Contractor’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz
Fix This Next: Make the Vital Change That Will Level Up Your Business by Mike Michalowicz
Other Books Mentioned in This Episode:
Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You by John Warrillow
Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less by Sam Carpenter
Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t by Verne Harnish
Authority Content: The Simple System for Building Your Brand, Sales, and Credibility by David Jenyns
Beyond the E-Myth: The Evolution of an Enterprise: From a Company of One to a Company of 1,000! by Michael E. Gerber