How are you showing up as a parent and an entrepreneur? Today, we have a special Mother's Day edition of the podcast as Dr. Sabrina and returning guest, Danielle Hayden, talk about two of their favorite topics: entrepreneurship and kids. Work ethic, relating to money, values, tough choices, curve balls thrown into life plans… Danielle and Dr. Sabrina share their experiences running successful businesses and raising kids. They agree that parenting as an entrepreneur is difficult and a lot of fun. Tune in now, to find out more!
Danielle Hayden has a master's degree in accounting and financial management and she's a licensed CPA in the state of Ohio. Danielle found, at the beginning of her career, that as well as crunching numbers, she also had a passion for helping creative entrepreneurs understand their finances so that they can grow their businesses. In her free time, Danielle enjoys the outdoors with her kids and checking out local wineries and breweries.
- Danielle talks about what it's been like for her, as a mother, running a successful business.
- Why Danielle wanted to start her business.
- Danielle's kids were quite young when she started her business and it's been fun to include them in the business as they have grown older.
- Danielle is really intentional about focusing on her work when she sits down at her desk.
- Danielle puts her phone down and really tries to be present when she's with her kids.
- Dr. Sabrina shares how she is with being present with her kids and keeping her business moving at the same time.
- Keeping boundaries in place but not being rigid with them.
- Danielle explains to her kids what she needs to do in order to be successful in her business. And that she's willing to go the extra mile to give her clients excellent service.
- Finding a way to show your kids that a business can support life, not the other way around.
- Why Danielle feels that, as parents who are entrepreneurs, we have a responsibility to run a more profitable business.
- Dr. Sabrina shares her ‘aha' moment when she realized that she had to make her business more profitable.
- How implementing the Profit First system really helped Dr. Sabrina.
- How Danielle used the techniques of financial analysis in her business to make it more profitable.
- The turning point for Danielle, when she really knew that she needed to have a profitable business.
- Successfully blending two different business models can really be a challenge!
- Danielle talks about her Profit Planner book that is launching today.
- Danielle and Dr. Sabrina share what they are teaching their children about money.
- Teaching your kids about work ethic, how to earn money, and how to spend it wisely.
- Teaching kids how to balance their time and how not to overcommit.
- Danielle encourages her kids to debate.
- Training your kids to be ‘A' Players.
Profit by Design Facebook group
www.howtohirethebest.com is Dr. Sabrina’s free masterclass
Would you like to join a community of entrepreneurs setting our businesses up to support our lives and not the other way around? Check out Breakthroughs on The Bayou 4 Week Vacation™ Legacy Retreat at www.4WeekVacation.com
If you're interested in being a part of the retreat, all the information is available at www.4weekvacation.com. Apply soon, as space is limited!
Get Dr. Sabrina's free 4 Week Vacation™ Jump Start Guide: www.4weekvacation.com
To get your copy of Danielle's Profit Planner, go to www.profitplannerbookkeeping.com. Use the code Profit by Design to get 15% off.
You can also go to Facebook, to Profit Planner LLC (www.facebook.com/profitplannerllc)
Or to Instagram @profitplannerbookkeeping
The Pumpkin Plan by Mike Michalowicz
Profit First by Mike Michalowicz