Do you get all fired up after discovering a new system for your business only to find that you lack the confidence to implement the necessary changes? After listening to the previous podcast, with Vicky Suiter from The Profit Bleed, Mike was triggered with some familiar, yet uncomfortable feelings. In today's episode, Mike and Dr. Sabrina explore what to do to prevent feelings of failure and resistance to change. Listen in and find out how to build the confidence you need to implement new systems in your business.
On today's Profit by Design, Mike and Dr. Sabrina are building on the topics from the previous two episodes. They got lots of great feedback from you, the listener, for both episodes! The concept of breaking even to thrive, and really thriving, not just surviving, in episode 21, struck a chord with many of you, so today Mike and Dr. Sabrina will be delving deeper, and taking a closer look at how you can ensure that you thrive in your business. They also talk about the new program they're developing to support entrepreneurs in designing a lifestyle business. Their ideas are being fleshed out in the conversation right here, on the Profit by Design podcast with input from listeners. Listen in to find out more.
Dr. Sabrina's free 4 Week Vacation Jump Start Guide: www.4weekvacation.com While you're there check out the 4 Week Vacation Retreat which is coming up in a few weeks.
Please help us get discovered by leaving an honest review in iTunes! If you do, (or if you've done so any time previously) your name will be entered into a drawing to win a book- The Pumpkin Plan by Mike Michalowicz, on the 25th episode.
- Mike talks about a feeling he had that was triggered by the previous podcast, with Vicki Suiter from The Profit Bleed. He explains the fears that came up for him.
- Mike discusses the importance of entrepreneurs building up their confidence to break through their barriers.
- Getting all fired up after reading a book, and then lacking the confidence to implement what you have read brings about resistance to change.
- Why the resistance comes in.
- Mike explains why it’s important to make a commitment to the change–even on the days it feels like an uphill battle.
- What it looks like in our business when we're losing our confidence.
- The difference between implicit and explicit knowledge, and why drawing on implicit knowledge is so helpful in moving change forward.
- When we're trying to implement new systems in our business, we can benefit by drawing on the collective wisdom of the people who have already been there and done that to guide us through the rough spots.
- The psychology of the change process.
- Mike and Dr. Sabrina are launching a new program later this year, to create a group of entrepreneurs to work on their systems together and to establish goals and move towards them.
- The Two Week Look Ahead resonated with Mike.
- How Dr. Sabrina implemented a Two Week Look Ahead in her business.
- The benefits of having a tool to create clarity in your business.
- Be thinking about what your business is doing for you.
- Mike and Dr. Sabrina invite your feedback as they develop their program.
If you're doing a Two Week Process, or something similar, and you have a set agenda that you take your team through, please leave us some feedback on the Profit by Design Facebook group about what you are including in your agenda.
Mike would love to hear from anybody struggling with the implementation of systems.
Links and Resources:
Profit by Design Podcast: www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Profit by Design Facebook group
Books mentioned in the episode:
The Pumpkin Plan by Mike Michalowicz
Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
Traction by Gino Wickman
The Profit Bleed by Vicki Suiter
How To Hire the Best by Dr. Sabrina Starling