Business owners are built to react, but sometimes we need to find ways to keep our emotions in check. One practice is meditation, it can help on multiple levels because we learn to slow down and do nothing. Having a business owner’s mindset to stay busy and on-the-go all the time does not serve us well. My guest today shares how business owners can use meditation to improve their sleep, lives, and overall perspective.
From Blow Pops to Forbes Best Small Companies, Rob started his first business in high school selling Blow Pops out of his locker. In 1991, he founded imageOne with his best friend, Joel Pearlman.
imageOne has been recognized as a Top 25 Small Businesses in America on the list of Forbes Small Giants, an Inc. Magazine Best Places to Work, as the number one Top Workplace in Michigan, a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For, one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in America, a Positive Workplace by the University of Michigan’s Stephen M. Ross School of Business, and Crain’s Detroit Cool Places to Work.
Rob is the visionary and CEO of The 10 Disciplines for Managing and Maximizing Your Energy, a video-based journey that teaches people ten fast, simple, powerful, and fully customizable disciplines to manage and maximize their energy and live an optimal life. He is the author of the best-selling book, donothing,™ the most rewarding leadership challenge you will ever take and the host of the Leading with Genuine Care retreat and podcast. Rob challenges business leaders and entrepreneurs to look inward with mindfulness and meditation by sharing his own mindful leadership journey.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- A look at the early days of imageOne for Rob and how he found meditation to be a useful tool in his life
- How Rob built his meditation practice by meeting with a meditation teacher and learning to be in the present moment
- How to approach meditation when it is difficult to “clear your mind”
- How is a busy entrepreneur supposed to find time to meditate?
- How meditation reduces stress and distractions and increases productivity
- How a business leader can introduce meditation to their teams
- How Rob uses the “minute to arrive” approach to every business meeting to set the intention to be present and mindful
- Why Rob began the donothing retreats and what participants can expect
- How your awareness is heightened and you experience peacefulness when you spend time in silence
- Words of wisdom from Rob and an overview of The 10 Discipline
Links and Resources
Connect with Dr. Sabrina:
It’s not too late to join me for the upcoming Better Business Better Life Jumpstart to learn the Tap the Potential Solution. It’s a value-packed week of live clinics with me on Zoom, and I would love to have you join us!
Learn more about the next How to Hire the Best course. You can register now for the next course that begins in October.
New! Now Available!!
The 4 Week Vacation book with bonuses! Follow the steps to claim your spot for the upcoming live training, The 4 Week Vacation Better Business Better Life Jumpstart!
Download Dr. Sabrina’s Introductory Training: How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour
Connect with Rob