We know that different is better when it comes to marketing and standing out with our businesses, especially in competitive industries where our customers and clients are comparing on price.
However, if we’re different and we can’t help our customers and clients appreciate the value of our difference, then what do we do?
Our guest today is a client in Tap the Potential’s Better Business, Better Life™ program, and he helps us dig into the question of “Is different really better?”
Join us for this fun episode as we look at creative solutions that will help answer this question not only for him but for many others, as well.
Larry Robert Minnick, Jr. prefers to go by Rob and is the CEO/ President of Minnick’s Inc. and Minnick Training Center. He has 39 years’ experience in the Heating and Air Conditioning field, in particular with Mechanical Design & Building Performance for owners. The reason Rob decided to concentrate on the family business was that he loves what he does and it allows him to meet people and he enjoys a challenge. Rob Minnick earned his certifications from the State of Maryland, Air Conditioning Contractors of America, Building Performance Institute, Residential Energy Service Network, United States Green Building Council, and National Comfort Institute.
He lives in Burtonsville, MD, with his wife Dawn. They have 3 children, 1 grand-daughter, and 1 dog. When Rob is not working, he likes to spend time with his family, play drums, travel, and play golf.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Rob shares the three questions that consultants told him to ask himself and his brothers when they were buying out the business from their father.
- Once Rob learned to take a deeper dive into his company vision, it went from being a half-page long to being a page and a half long. He relates how and why his team members were excited when he shared his vision with them.
- Rob’s team members are excited to be actively involved in setting their own goals.
- Rob has a deeper knowledge of problems than his competitors, so communicating with homeowners on the deeper issues that their HVAC system is experiencing is the biggest challenge that Rob currently faces. This is what Rob finds the most difficult, and where he will find the greatest opportunity to differentiate himself.
- Educating influencers who deal with the customer before the customer deals with Rob is one path that Rob will take to resolve the communication issue.
- Dr. Sabrina explains the “halo effect”.
- How to position yourself as the authority.
- It’s important to identify your top referral sources. These are key places to educate.
Connect with Rob!
Links and Resources:
BUY THE BOOK ON AMAZON: How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
COURSE: How to Hire the Best
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program.
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best: The Rural Business Owner's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How To Hire The Best: The Contractor’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz
The Game of Work by Charles Coonradt