Simon Meadows of Sterling Coaching is our guest today. Dr. Sabrina was a featured guest on his podcast a couple of months ago, and today, he takes the hot seat.
One of the things that most impressed Dr. Sabrina during their conversation was Simon’s willingness to share and reflect on his own experiences and how he uses that to serve those who he coaches.
As Simon is based in the UK, we get the added pleasure of hearing from him an international perspective of what’s going on today in small business.
Simon Meadows has owned and run his own businesses in many sectors such as construction, retail, importing, online learning, aviation, and business coaching. He has always shared his experiences, good and bad, with others so that they can benefit and he loves to do this every day.
Simon likes to be honest and plain-speaking, which comes from his 30+ years of working in and with the construction sector.
He now has the privilege of being a coach for over 12 years and he also coaches other coaches from around the world.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Both Dr. Sabrina and Simon are certified “Fix This Next” advisors!
- Simon shares some of the misconceptions he had about coaching when he first started out in his early 20s, and what he has learned in terms of how to be more effective.
- Dr. Sabrina walks us through a simple exercise for becoming self-aware when we’re on the hook and emotionally charged.
- Decision-making: what’s the best method?
- Simon reflects on some of the ways that having a coach can make a difference as a business owner.
- To Simon, coaching is simply about three things: awareness, education, and accountability.
- Even coaches have a coach!
- When someone shares their experience with you, you get to pick and choose what you’d like to take away from that. They aren’t trying to impose their will on you.
- Perspectives on coaching through COVID.
- Tip: If you’re a business owner who has built up massive debt during the coronavirus event and it’s causing you to lose sleep, implementing Profit First is the ticket out.
- Oftentimes, when we have one problem in our business, there are more. Simon explains how Fix This Next coaching helps you to know what your business needs from you next.
- Join Tap the Potential’s Entrepreneurs Take Your Life Back! Facebook Group. Upon joining, you’ll get access to exclusive, free, mini-trainings from Dr. Sabrina, including the Better Business, Better Life™ jumpstart, as well as the “How to Hire the Best” jumpstart! No charge to join! Let’s get to know each other!
Connect with Simon:
FREE gift from Simon: Download your free, authorized copy of Mike Michalowicz’s Fix This Next eBook!
Links and Resources:
NEW! Facebook Group: Entrepreneurs Take Your Life Back! Upon joining, you’ll get access to exclusive, free, mini-trainings from Dr. Sabrina, including the Better Business, Better Life™ jumpstart, as well as the “How to Hire the Best” jumpstart! No charge to join! Let’s get to know each other!
BUY THE BOOK ON AMAZON: How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
COURSE: How to Hire the Best
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program.
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Books Frequently Mentioned:
The 4 Week Vacation by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD – COMING OCTOBER 2021!
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best: The Rural Business Owner's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How To Hire The Best: The Contractor’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz
Fix This Next: Make the Vital Change That Will Level Up Your Business by Mike Michalowicz
The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins