On today’s Profit by Design Podcast, our guest is Jeffrey Shaw, author of the book Lingo. In order for a business to attract more and more ideal clients and customers, we have to understand the lingo of the ideal clients, which is what Jeffrey shares on today’s episode.
Having been one of the most sought-after portrait photographers in the U.S. for more than three decades, Jeffrey Shaw, a.k.a. the Lingo Guy, uses this honed intuition to teach entrepreneurs how to attract their ideal customers by speaking their Secret Language. Jeffrey is the host of the popular business podcast Creative Warriors, a nationally acclaimed keynote speaker, a business coach for entrepreneurs, and author of the book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible.
- Jeffrey shares the bumpy start he had beginning his photography business in his hometown when he realized he was speaking the wrong lingo to his clients.
- After the passing of his father, Jeffrey realized that he was exhausting himself, yet pushing forward.
- Dr. Sabrina shares that often, entrepreneurs stretch themselves thin and don’t pay attention to the signs of their exhaustion and that she and Mike began the Profit By Design Podcast to give strategies, mindset tools, tips, and techniques so that entrepreneurs, perhaps in this situation, can have a sustainable business that supports the lifestyle they deserve.
- Dr. Sabrina shares about The Pumpkin Plan, by Mike Michalowicz, which includes knowing who your top clients are.
- Jeffrey tells how to speak someone’s lingo, which involves knowing what someone may want before they even ask for it and really speaking to their heart.
- Jeffrey explains that he needed to work with wealthy people because he understood them, not because they had money. He wanted to work with others who thought as he did.
- Jeffrey shares how studying people evolved into a 5-part system.
- If you are not attracting the clients you want, you may need to consider Jeffrey’s 5-step system: 1) Perspective 2) Familiarity 3) Style 4) Pricing psychology 5) Words that speak to your ideal customer
- Jeffrey gives advice on how to hire the ideal employees for your business.
- Jeffrey says the energy built in the back room of your business permeates the front room. Clients will notice the energy put forth.
- Lingo, spoken and unspoken, binds people together.
Gift from Jeffrey Shaw:
Jeffrey is offering a free gift to you. He will review your website with your ideal client in mind and make suggestions, following his Secret Language System, to make your site more effective in attracting your ideal clients. Go to Lingoreview.com to take advantage of this offer.
Profit by Design Podcast Website
Profit by Design Facebook group