In Episode 9 of this special series on self-care and strategy for entrepreneurs, Dr. Sabrina, The Business Psychologist™, welcomes Steve Bousquet, a Tap the Potential client and owner of American Landscape and Lawn Science. Steve and his team have been at the forefront of dealing with COVID-19 and supporting other entrepreneurs as they deal with the pandemic’s effect on the business.
Listen in as Steve shares what he learned and has put into place prior to the COVID-19 event that has helped him and his team to be stable and sustainable throughout this uncertain time, applying Pumpkin Plan principles throughout the process. You’ll also hear how Steve and his team have led through this and dealt with morale issues. This is a great opportunity to put some of these ideas into place in your own business so that your work supports life and your business sustains life for all the team members involved.
Steve describes himself as a blue-collar executive. He founded S&B Lawn and Garden Care in 1983, while still in high school. After graduating from college with a BA in Economics, he changed the name of his landscaping company to American Landscape Service. In 1991, Steven added Lawn Science to the company to form American Landscape and Lawn Science LLC. Today his company services 3,000 clients with 25 amazing team members.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- The three things that Steve attributes to his business’s sustainability:
- In 2015, he began Pumpkin Planning. This helped him to identify his ideal clients, his company’s immutable laws, and his ideal team members.
- In 2016, he started to incorporate Profit First. This provided him with an understanding of the financial tools he would need to succeed.
- In 2018, he got serious about building his team by finding their strengths, learning how they communicate, having one-on-one meetings, and having regular team meetings. (Check out Tap the Potential’s Better Business, Better Life™ Program)
- Steve shares what his experience was like as an entrepreneur prior to 2015, and how his numbers have changed over the last five years.
- Dr. Sabrina explains the philosophy of Profit First.
- What “Leading with Love” means for Steve’s leadership.
- Steve relates the benefits of asking powerful questions, the wisdom of reminding his team members of their strengths, and the importance of protecting your own strengths.
Links and Resources:
Register for the Upcoming FREE Pumpkin Planning Webinar!
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program!
Tap The Potential Strategy Session for Entrepreneurs Impacted by COVID-19
Get the Book!! How to Hire the Best – Contractors Edition
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
Get Your 2020 Action Planner Now!
The Pumpkin Plan Action Planner 2020
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
The Q-Storming protocol is a useful tool that bypasses crisis-oriented tunnel vision. Current and past clients can request a FREE laser-coaching session. If you’ve never been a client, check out a 45-minute Q-Storming strategy session here: https://www.tapthepotential.com/strategy. It is a $250 investment.
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz
Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits! by Greg Crabtree
Fix This Next: Make the Vital Change That Will Level Up Your Business by Mike Michalowicz