In today’s episode, Mark Ostach joins Dr. Sabrina in a conversation centered on digital wellness.
Mark helps people find the courage to connect – with themselves, their purpose, and with the people in their lives, both online and offline. Mark's goal is to restore energy and focus to organizations battling modern life’s non-stop pace and growing sense of disconnection.
Mark knows what it’s like to feel disconnected having compulsively checked his phone for over a decade. He’s on a mission to teach us healthy digital habits so we can improve our digital wellness and create deeper connections with things in life that matter most.
Mark holds degrees in psychology and technology with an interest in behavioral neuroscience. He is determined to remind the world that human connection is the most powerful connection we have.
A nationally recognized speaker on Digital Wellness, Mark has done two TED talks and spoken to thousands of people all over the country encouraging them to embrace a culture of digital wellbeing.
Go ahead and check your phone one last time and get ready to be inspired by Mark Ostach!
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Mark discusses the correlation between our online activities and how we think and feel, and how the psychology of technology became an obsession for him.
- Replacement therapy can work when we want to take a break from technology. However, social media can still be a slippery slope, even when we intend to take a break from it.
- Dr. Sabrina and Mark share their strategies for distancing from social media.
- Mark explains the perspective we should have on digital wellness.
- Mark teaches organizations how to create more meaningful connections online.
- While you’re online, find space that shows your vulnerability, courage, grace, and empathy. This makes using technology more meaningful.
- You don’t have to violate your digital detox by being online, just be more intentional with how you’re using the content you access to encourage, uplift, and provide meaning to others.
- “If You Really Knew Me”: a game to play that creates more intimacy.
- Mark shares the five things that promote digital wellness on the individual level.
- Be thoughtful and intentional in using technology to support connection.
Connect with Mark!
Visit his website, check out his LinkedIn, and get a FREE eBook copy of his book, Courage to Connect.
Links and Resources:
Voxer: Walkie Talkie App for Team Communication
NEW! Facebook Group: Entrepreneurs Take Your Life Back! Upon joining, you’ll get access to exclusive, free, mini-trainings from Dr. Sabrina, including the Better Business, Better Life™ jumpstart, as well as the “How to Hire the Best” jumpstart! No charge to join! Let’s get to know each other!
BUY THE BOOK ON AMAZON: How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
COURSE: How to Hire the Best
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program.
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
Books Frequently Mentioned:
The 4 Week Vacation by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD – COMING OCTOBER 2021!
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best: The Rural Business Owner's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How To Hire The Best: The Contractor’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz