Dr. Sabrina Shares How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour, Part 1
This episode takes a deep dive into a popular topic within our community of Tap the Potential business owners: how to make your time worth $10,000 an hour. I have been teaching on this subject for several years, and as one of our most requested trainings, it’s a valuable tool for working most effectively on your business. One of the most rewarding aspects of this awareness is that it is just as useful for team members as for business owners, helping everyone get clarity about the most valuable use of their time.
Today’s show is the first of a three-part series in which you will hear how to avoid the most common and costly missteps when working on your business, the secret to multiplying your profit by 100-900% in less than 12 months (freeing up your time in the process), and two powerful questions to get you laser-focused on your $10,000 an hour activities.
Join me to shift your mindset about how you show up in your business and how you spend your time. Visit www.tapthepotential.com/10k to download your Chart of $10,000 an Hour Activities to support this podcast series.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Learn how to do a mental exercise to gain clarity about where your team shines brightest:
- Recognize the places where you have already implemented $10,000 an hour thinking and action.
- Realize how $10,000 an hour activities free you to enjoy a higher quality of life. (Our Better Business, Better Life Assessment can help!)
- Systems in your business are EVERYTHING when it comes to improving your quality of life:
- Identify those systems that improve the quality of your clients and customers and deter poor quality clients and customers.
- Identify those systems that ensure every team member exhibits high enthusiasm for their role. (My book, How to Hire the Best, can help, along with the accompanying How to Hire the Best Toolkit.)
- View each system as an opportunity to take small steps forward in making significant changes to improve your quality of life.
- Is your relationship with your business dysfunctional? “Your business isn’t your baby anymore; it’s time for your business to grow up!”
- Delegate tasks and give your team members new opportunities to grow and learn.
- Every time YOU do a lower-value task, there is an opportunity cost—because you COULD be doing a $10,000 an hour activity instead.
- “Confessions of high-level entrepreneurs” (or lies we tell ourselves that keep us stuck):
- “I’ll just do this one small thing and then move on to the next big thing.”
- “It takes too much time to delegate; I can do it faster myself.”
- What it means to “work on your business” with $10,000 an hour activities with systems to serve your top clients and add value that shows up over time (The Profit First system and The 4 Week Vacation book can help!)
- Two questions to ask to sharpen your laser focus on $10,000 an hour activities:
- “What is the one thing I can do today that will add the greatest value to my business?”
- “What is the one thing I can do right now so that everything else will be easier or unnecessary?” (From Gary Keler’s book, The One Thing)
Links and Resources:
Download our Workbook and take our Better Business, Better Life Assessment.
Learn more about the next How to Hire the Best course.
New! Now Available!!
The 4 Week Vacation book with bonuses!
Download Dr. Sabrina’s Introductory Training: How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour
Join Dr. Sabrina in our Entrepreneurs Take Your Life Back! Community