Welcome to our first episode of 2023! My plan is for this year to be different and better in every way, and I wish the same for you! We are starting with an episode that’s packed with wisdom and practical tips to help us BE BETTER.
I’m joined today by Dr. Jennie Byrne, author of a new book that will be helpful to entrepreneurs and business owners. In Work Smart: Use Your Brain and Behavior to Master the Future of Work, Dr. Jennie teaches people how to be better humans and better leaders. She is an entrepreneur, psychiatrist, coach, psychotherapist, and the mom of two teenage girls. As a brain and behavior expert and healthcare executive, she has the knowledge, background, and experience to help us better understand the psychology of the workplace. Join us for this conversation!
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production.
- What inspired Dr. Jennie to write her book, Work Smart
- How the American corporate culture developed–and why we need to infuse more humanism into the workplace of today
- How entrepreneurs can increase the capacity for human connectedness and empathy by focusing on the building blocks of time management and communication
- The #1 tip for preventing “time confetti” (the concept from Overwhelmed by Brigid Schulte): Chunk similar tasks together.
- How to begin taking control of your time by carving out five minutes without email or phone
- How the “schedule send” feature can save you from playing “email ping-pong”
- Why “Zoom fatigue” happens, according to brain science–and how we can fight against it
- The brain science behind why we love emojis
- What Dr. Jennie has learned about using emojis, formality, and conciseness in written communications
- How to understand empathy fatigue, why it’s happening, and what we can do about it
- Dr. Jennie’s top tips to prevent empathy fatigue from one-to-one meetings
- How we can pass on our learning to our team members
- What Dr. Jennie recognizes as the most important things she has learned
Links and Resources:
Get Dr. Jennie’s book, Work Smart! Find it on Amazon at the special promotional price of $.99 for the first 30 days of its release!
Sign up now for the Better Business Better Life Jumpstart! It’s a closed-door, live Zoom training with my team and me that begins January 16. You don’t want to miss this opportunity!
Download our Workbook and take our Better Business Better Life Assessment.
New! Now Available!!
The 4 Week Vacation book with bonuses! Follow the steps to claim your spot for the upcoming live training, The 4 Week Vacation Better Business Better Life
Jumpstart!Download Dr. Sabrina’s Introductory Training: How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour