Cabin Works is Tap the Potential's most recent Great Place to Work Spotlight.
Wow! Here we are, celebrating Episode 200 with today’s Great Place to Work spotlight. My guest, Sarah Martin, joined us previously in Episode 101. As a small business owner, Sarah has taken steps to put systems in place and work on culture and leadership. In learning how to hire the best, she has supported and developed her team in unusually creative ways. I hope Sarah’s story inspires you to see what’s possible in YOUR business!
A Little Background
Sarah Martin is president and co-owner of Cabin Works in Granby, Colorado, a property maintenance and cleaning company. She and her husband, Phill, started Cabin Works over ten years ago intending to provide peace of mind to busy and absentee property owners in need of a reliable, professional, and trustworthy property maintenance company.
Sarah and her team strive to foster a workplace culture of family involvement and work-life balance at Cabin Works. They enjoy community involvement and appreciate their team members, from company BBQs to family events. When not working with their team, you can often find Sarah, Phill, and their young children, Alivia, Mia, and Asher exploring the Colorado mountains on their skis or mountain bikes.
Join us and be inspired by Sarah's commitment to family and flexibility at Cabin Works!
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- How Sarah faced unique hiring challenges because of housing situations for her employees that led her into a new role in wholly supporting her team
- Specific steps Sarah has taken over the last two years regarding core values and advancement to improve her hiring system to attract, train, and retain her team members
- How Sarah pinpointed and developed her core values (immutable laws) around honesty, open communication, family, and flexibility
- Why Sarah implemented guidelines for her employees to bring their children to work with them–with specific boundaries in place
- How the COVID pandemic highlighted the need to be open to change and modify the rules—and the WHY of how things are done
- What Sarah’s A-players say about the Cabin Works culture around family and flexibility–even in classifying 30-hour/week employees as full-time and giving bonuses
- How Sarah measures benefits and bonuses that are most important to her team members
- How Sarah has addressed the question of “What’s possible?” and what she would say to her former self from two years ago
Links and Resources:
Connect with Sarah:
Connect with Dr. Sabrina:
Sign up for our FREE Livenar, What’s Working NOW to Hire the Best and Grow Your Team of A-Players.
Check out our new Dream Manager Program that provides personal and leadership development for your team members!
We can teach your team members new strategies to support your efforts in making your business a Great Place to Work! Find out more about Leadership Boot Camp.
Learn more about the next How to Hire the Best course.
New! Now Available!!
The 4 Week Vacation book with bonuses! Follow the steps to claim your spot for the upcoming live training, The 4 Week Vacation Better Business Better Life Jumpstart!
Download Dr. Sabrina’s Introductory Training: How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour