Watching today’s guest grow her business over the last five years or so has been a real pleasure. Andrea Walker joins us in a conversation about the struggles she had with bringing on team members early on in her solopreneur journey, and the success she enjoys today.
Andrea and her business, Smartly Organized, are featured in a case study in Dr. Sabrina’s latest book, How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members.
You are sure to recognize yourself in many parts of this inspiring discussion and experience some of your own great “A-ha!” moments.
Certified Professional Organizer® Andrea Walker is passionate about helping her clients. As owner of Smartly Organized, a professional organizing firm headquartered in New Jersey, Andrea and her team have been helping discerning clients accomplish their organizing goals since 2010.
Her company specializes in offering sanity-saving solutions to keep you on track before, during, and after your move. With her proprietary SmartMove™ system her team will declutter, organize, and stage your home for a quick and profitable sale and then make your new house a home in as little as one day.
Her attention to detail and high level of service set her apart from her peers, making her your trusted partner. A Smartly Organized move is the smartest move you will ever make!
Andrea has been quoted in various publications, appeared on the TV show “Hoarders: Buried Alive,” and was interviewed on NBC’s home improvement show “HouseSmartsTV” where her work organizing 250 pair of boots and shoes was featured in a segment.
Prior to launching her own firm, Andrea held senior positions in risk management at various well-known financial institutions.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Andrea attributes the success in building her team to the process that is outlined in Dr. Sabrina’s How to Hire the Best series.
- Andrea shares the impact of writing a great job ad.
- One epiphany that Andrea experienced was Dr. Sabrina’s observation that A-players hang together.
- Immutable laws and the value of the process in building teams that we take pride in.
- There is wisdom in regularly seeking input from others.
- We don’t really know how we’re different from others in the same industry, so we need to hear outside feedback on how other people see us and how our clients experience us.
- Growth is not always easy, but staying stagnant is not an option.
- Knowing your sweet spot is essential to attracting the best to your business.
- Pumpkin Planning your business is not required before you decide to hire, but it would make it a more efficient process.
- Testimonials tell us what our top clients are paying attention to, and we can improve on these things to attract the better clients.
Links and Resources:
QUIZ: How to Hire the Best
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join ourBetter Business, Better Life™ program.
BUY THE BOOK ON AMAZON: How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
COURSE: How to Hire the Best
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
Books Frequently Mentioned:
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best: The Rural Business Owner's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How To Hire The Best: The Contractor’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz