If you’ve ever had significant challenges in your business that keep you from growing, you’ll want to listen in for a good dose of inspiration!
Dr. Sabrina and her co-host, Mike Bruno, are joined today by their guest, Sarah Martin, who has growth opportunities; yet, faces significant hiring challenges in her business. Also joining the show is a previous guest, Erin Longmoon of Zephyr Recruiting. Together, they will be diving in to generate some ideas for how Sarah can move forward and put a permanent end to her hiring and recruiting challenges.
Sarah Martin is the President and co-owner of Cabin Works, a property maintenance and cleaning company located in the rural, mountain town of Granby, Colorado. She and her husband Phill started Cabin Works over 10 years ago with the goal of providing peace of mind to busy and absentee property owners in need of a reliable, professional, and trustworthy property maintenance company.
Sarah and her team strive to foster a workplace culture of family involvement and work-life balance at Cabin Works. From company BBQs to family events, such as their annual bus trip to Denver to watch a Colorado Rockies game and participation in the local annual kickball tournament to raise funds for charity, they get excited about involvement in their community and showing appreciation for their team’s hard work.
When not working with their team, you can often find Sarah, Phill, and their three young children, Alivia, Mia, and Asher exploring the Colorado mountains on their skis or mountain bikes.
Erin Longmoon’s mission in life is to eradicate toxic workplaces. She believes that everyone deserves to love their job and feel like they are contributing to a greater purpose. As the owner of Zephyr Recruiting LLC, she accomplishes this mission by matching great small businesses with their RIGHT FIT™ employees.
Erin has more than two decades of experience helping small businesses and has owned five businesses herself. The passion for eradicating toxic workplaces comes from a place a lot of us can resonate with. When Erin was an employee at a company with a toxic workplace, she saw firsthand how the culture impacted everyone on a deep level. The toxic workplace reduced morale and productivity, followed her home, and led good employees to quit.
She dreams of changing people’s lives by helping them realize that they are deeply worthy. She also dreams about being the next Stevie Nicks and being friends with the Dalai Lama. Her magic powers are empathy, ability to read people, coming up with new and awesome ideas, and making a perfectly cooked filet mignon. As the owner of Zephyr Recruiting, she oversees an amazing work-at-home team that shares her passion for supporting great places to work.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Sarah details the various reasons she is experiencing her hiring challenges, which impact her ability to experience growth.
- Social media tips are offered to Sarah in order to generate interest among potential employees.
- Sara shares that she filters her job applicants based on whether potential hires have secured their housing.
- Mike suggests helping A-player applicants find affordable housing, or to make it part of a package deal.
- Dr. Sabrina’s idea is for existing employees to share tips on social media on how they overcame the housing shortage in the area.
- Dr. Sabrina shares details of the anonymous survey that Tap the Potential’s Better Business, Better Life™ program gives to business owners’ A-players.
- Erin provides some great tips for Sarah’s hiring challenges from a recruiting perspective.
- Dr. Sabrina’s book, How to Hire the Best – Contractors Edition, has some great examples of well-written job posts.
- How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneurs Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees will be released later this year!
- Dr. Sabrina suggests that Sarah may be instrumental in not only solving the housing-shortage challenges for her employees, but she may be able to solve it for the community, as well.
- Turn an “I can’t” or “I’m afraid” thought into a “How can I” thought!
Links and Resources:
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program!
Get Dr. Sabrina’s Book!! How to Hire the Best – Contractors Edition
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
Get Your 2020 Action Planner Now!
The Pumpkin Plan Action Planner 2020
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
Connect with Sara!
Connect with Erin!
Get Your Employee Brand Marketing Strategy Checklist HERE! Videos & DIY Tools, Too!
Erin’s Free Gift to Profit By Designers!
Assessment for Employers – Is Your Team Made Up of A-Players?