In my last several blogs, I’ve mentioned consistently that investing in your A-players is one of the best things you can do to build a solid foundation for your business. AND, in order to elevate the business, you must elevate your people. This means, empowering them to be independently-thinking, strategic, and proactive leaders who truly feel ownership of the business and its outcomes. Once you have accountable leaders within your company, you can step out of the day-to-day operations and provide yourself with a bird’s-eye view of the business. At Tap the Potential, it is our dream to make sure every entrepreneur experiences a 4 Week Vacation™. Leadership Bootcamp gives your business fit results so you can do just that.
Hear it from the other side. Below is a testimonial from one of our Leadership Bootcamp participants, BJ Augnst (Community Engagement & Marketing Director of Bailey Enterprises):
“I feel that the investment Mr. Bailey is making in me will produce more results and better outcomes overall. I am actively working on strengthening my weaknesses and exploiting my strengths to best suit our company needs. I now spend more time assisting employees who produce, instead of spending copious amount of time training problem employees. I’m actively determining the 20% of our customers that produce 80% of our business. This includes being sure that we service these customers to determine what needs they have that we currently are not providing.”
How will your A-Players help Get Fit Results From Leadership Bootcamp?
- Identifying and leveraging personal strengths to add value to the business
- Being aware of ‘Achilles Heels’ that interfere with success
- How to work around your own ‘Achilles Heels’ and those of your team members so that they do not undermine you and the team.
- How to improve communication with customers, fellow team members and your supervisor.
- What is profit? Why is it important in business? Why do you want to work for a profitable business? What is your role in driving the profit of the business? What opportunities do you have to impact profit?
- Who are top clients and customers? What do they most need and want from our business? What opportunities do you have to add value by being attentive to the needs and wishes of top customers?
- When you have so many things on your plate, how do you prioritize what gets done? What is the most valuable task you can be working on right now that will have the greatest impact?
- What is it really like to work in a small business? Why is this a unique opportunity for you to advance your career?
- PLUS…each team member is assigned a ‘Secret Mission’ each week to look for ways to add value in the business by utilizing their strengths and engaging the strengths of team members.
Here’s another great testimonial from a Leadership Bootcamp Participant. Glenn McAlister tells us about his own fit results, and he's a military guy!
“I’ve been through many leadership courses and schools with the Air Force. Leadership Bootcamp is different. I knew what my leadership strengths are. I knew I could lead. What I got from Leadership Bootcamp is that the hammer doesn’t always have to be the first tool out of my toolbox. You don’t always have to hammer a square peg into a round hole. I don’t have to go at mach speed. I am taking time to figure out the best solution for the situation at hand. Being a naturally dominating person, I am now working on being more approachable.
What I appreciated most about the course was the application to my personal life. All the other leadership training…personal life was not brought into it. Your course has made a significant impact on my personal life. I’ve brought more peace to my life. I’ve slowed down. I’m seeing that everything doesn’t have to be rushed or solved immediately. Just slow down and breathe, don’t get all worked up about things.”
Ready to build up your A-players and get fit results? Leadership Bootcamp is a virtual 6-week course that happens just once a year. Find out more and register your A-players today!
Dr. Sabrina Starling, The Business Psychologist™ and author of the How to Hire the Best series is the founder of Tap the Potential. Tap the Potential specializes in transforming small businesses into highly profitable, Great Places to Work, then sending business owners on a 4 Week Vacation to celebrate that accomplishment.
Never one to accept the status quo or back down from a challenge, Dr. Sabrina’s How to Hire the Best series grew from her desire to solve the toughest hiring challenges interfering with her clients’ growth and profitability. What sprang from her experience working with entrepreneurs in rural areas catapulted her into becoming the world’s leading expert in attracting top talent in small businesses — no matter what hiring challenges those businesses are facing — and earned Tap the Potential’s reputation as the go-to resource for entrepreneurs committed to creating great places to work with thriving coaching cultures and highly engaged team members working from strengths.
With her background in psychology, and years of driving profit in small business, Dr. Starling knows what it takes to find, keep and get exceptional performance out of your biggest investment — your team members.
How close are you to having a highly profitable, great place to work?
Could you to take a 4 Week Vacation™?
Take our 10 minute assessment to discover which foundational pieces you have firmly in place, and what to work on next to transform your business into a highly profitable, great place to work that allows to take a 4 Week Vacation™.