John Hanson and his team have built a phenomenal company culture with the guidance of Dr. Sabrina’s first book in her How to Hire the Best book series and Tap the Potential, and he joins Dr. Sabrina today to share his story with you.
You are sure to be inspired while you listen in to what John is up to now that his business doesn’t depend on him. Be prepared for some tangible tips you can apply in your own business and plenty of ‘a-ha!’ moments.
John Hanson is the owner of a “The Maids” franchise in Kansas City. He is married to Deanna and has four children: Ashlyn (19), Joshua (16), Caleb (15), and Jonathan (13). He is an active member of Faith Community Church.
Prior to co-founding The Maids of Kansas City with his parents in 2003, John Hanson was a Regional Sales Manager for Western Wireless, a precursor to T-Mobile. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Park University with degrees in Finance and Accounting. The Maids of Kansas City grew rapidly from the outset and achieved one million dollars in revenue in its third year. It is currently one of the largest single location residential cleaning companies in the country.
John’s focus on building the business over the past 17 years has been creating a culture of empowerment that allows members of the organization to grow and develop their leadership potential. He has brought together a richly diverse group of men and women who speak four languages, are from four continents and over a dozen countries. Nothing brings him greater joy than seeing his people overcome the unique challenges of a business where hourly employees work together on small four-person teams working independently spread throughout the city.
In 2016, John retired from day-to-day operations at The Maids to focus on using his experience to support the entrepreneurial community both in Kansas City and internationally.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- John addresses how he solved his dilemma of how to attract A-players.
- John is passionate about providing opportunities in life to those who may not otherwise have these opportunities.
- What John loves seeing is someone who joins the team, learns how to be a team member, and then goes on to become an assistant team leader or team leader with responsibilities. Once they step into a leadership role, it’s amazing to see their demeanor change.
- How Leadership Bootcamp and Coach Approach impacted John’s team and company culture.
- John explains the concept of “The Flywheel Effect”.
- John utilizes networking strategies in the communities from which he hires.
- Now that John has set up his systems and processes for his business to run without him, he has been out in the world making other impacts.
- John and Dr. Sabrina discuss how their teams have implemented “EOS Traction”.
- Dr. Sabrina explains the problem with “confirmation bias”.
- How John’s company has managed the COVID outbreak.
Links and Resources:
NEW!! Coming in 2021: A-Player Onboarding Course
BUY THE BOOK ON AMAZON: How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
QUIZ: How to Hire the Best
COURSE: How to Hire the Best
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program.
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
Connect with John!
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best: The Rural Business Owner's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How To Hire The Best: The Contractor’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz
Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman