Grab your pen and paper, because in this insightful conversation, today’s special guest, Galen Emanuele, will be sharing plenty of golden nuggets of wisdom around culture and ways to be the kind of leader that your business and your team need you to be so that you have a business that gives you your life back. Don’t be surprised if you feel compelled to take some notes!
Galen Emanuele reframes the way teams and organizations establish culture, communicate, and perform together in business. His unique content is full of actionable tools to massively improve team dynamics, communication, EQ, and generate high-level performance and engagement.
A highly sought-after international speaker, with clients including Microsoft, Safeway, and NASA, Galen is also a world-class improviser, having taught and performed improv for many years including touring with the cast from Whose Line Is It Anyway?
An authentic, captivating teacher and performer, Galen has a unique gift of being able to cut through the noise and fluffy language to translate broad concepts into simple, practical skills and mindsets. Developed over thousands of hours on stage working with audiences and teams Galen’s profound truths and tangible takeaways permanently change the way humans show up in business and life.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Galen discusses his propensity of natural curiosity and his passion for, and definition of, culture.
- Establishing the right kind of culture requires a strategic approach, just like any other part of your business where you desire success.
- Take the values that you have and translate them into actual behaviors and mindsets.
- Galen explains the concept around the “Yes, and” culture of cohesive, highly-engaged awesomeness and how it applies to business.
- There is a surprising and profound parallel between “improv” and being an effective leader.
- If you want to be impressive as a leader, make your team look brilliant, and make your client look brilliant.
- The Choice Map™ is a powerful mindset tool with an immediate impact that Dr. Sabrina shares with clients at Tap the Potential. It teaches business owners how to get off the “judger path” and onto the “learner path”.
- Galen discusses the huge impact that the simple act of asking for feedback has on a leader.
- What the phrase “tell me more” can teach you.
- Consider how you can set your team members up for success.
- Ask your team members what support they need from you.
- Galen suggests asking these same three relationship-building questions of your direct reports every quarter during a 20-minute meeting: What am I doing great? What is my biggest area of opportunity to improve? What would a 10/10 look like for me?
Links and Resources:
NEW! Facebook Group: Entrepreneurs Take Your Life Back! Upon joining, you’ll get access to exclusive, free, mini-trainings from Dr. Sabrina, including the Better Business, Better Life™ jumpstart, as well as the “How to Hire the Best” jumpstart! No charge to join! Let’s get to know each other!
BUY THE BOOK ON AMAZON: How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
COURSE: How to Hire the Best
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program.
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
Books Frequently Mentioned:
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best: The Rural Business Owner's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How To Hire The Best: The Contractor’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz
Connect with Galen!
Our Free Weekly Video Drop: The #CultureDrop – Join the CULTURE DROP