As we highlight another “Great Place to Work,” we are joined by a repeat guest on the podcast. He is using metrics with his team members and implementing the principles he has learned to recruit and retain A-players for his business. Along with the normal business challenges, he is seeing success and big changes since working with us at Tap the Potential over the past year.
Rob Minnick is CEO and president of Minnicks, Inc. and Minnick Training Center. He has 39 years of experience in the heating and air conditioning field, especially in mechanical design and building performance for owners. Rob decided to concentrate on the family business because he loves what he does, it allows him to meet people, and he enjoys a challenge. Rob earned his certifications from the State of Maryland Air Conditioning Contractors of America, Building Performance Institute, Residential Energy Service Network, US Green Building Council, and National Comfort Institute.
In addition to his heating and air conditioning work, Rob is active in many associations. He lives with his wife, Dawn, in Burtonsville, Maryland, and they have three children, one granddaughter, and a dog. When not working, Rob likes to spend time with his family, play the drums, travel, and play golf.
Join us to learn how Rob is putting systems and metrics in place to hire A-players and create a work environment where they want to stay!
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Highlights of Rob’s wins and successes over the past year
- How Rob supports his team in reaching the goal of getting 150 hours of training for 2022
- What makes an A-player? (A REAL one–not just someone who presents themselves to be one in the interview process!)
- How Rob has faced his biggest challenge with employees that had to be let go, reducing his workforce by about half during 2021
- How Rob has had to step into new roles and responsibilities because of his low staff numbers
- How Rob is making his business stronger through his interview process and marketing
- How Rob’s Pumpkin Planning is helping him differentiate his business and stop competing on price
- COVID consequences: The struggle to find technicians and create a payment plan that works
- How Rob is using what he has learned through How to Hire the Best and The Game of Work by Charles A. Coonradt
- Words of wisdom about Rob’s immutable laws and how he uses them in the interview process
- How Rob is implementing what he’s learned to create an environment where A-players want to work
Books mentioned in this episode:
Links and Resources:
Learn more about the next How to Hire the Best course. It starts in April!
New! Now Available!!
The 4 Week Vacation book with bonuses!
Download Dr. Sabrina’s Introductory Training: How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour
Join Dr. Sabrina in our Entrepreneurs Take Your Live Back! Community