Dr. Sabrina invited Steve Bousquet back to the show to hear more about how he has grown his team from twelve team members to twenty-seven team members over the last few years using strategies that are taught in Dr. Sabrina’s How to Hire the Best book series.
Today, Steve shares his entrepreneurial story, his highs and lows when it comes to building a team, and how he has had to grow personally in order to grow his team. If you’re needing some ideas on how to attract and retain the A-players to your business that will help give you your life back, you’ll want to listen in to this inspiring and insightful conversation!
Steve’s story is included in Dr. Sabrina’s newest book, How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members, which just published November 18th, 2020! Don’t miss it!
Steve Bousquet, a blue-collar executive, founded S&B Lawn and Garden Care in 1983 while in high school. Graduating from college with a BA in Economics, Steven continued operating his landscape company with the new name American Landscape Service. Steven added Lawn Science to the company in 1991 to form American Landscape and Lawn Science LLC. In recent years, Steve has grown his team from 12 team members to 27 team members, using the How to Hire the Best™ System.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Steve summarizes his backstory around being deeply in debt and his need to understand his numbers. Without profit, there is no business.
- Having consistency and profitability in your business is necessary in attracting A-players to your team.
- Steve shares why he thinks his team members are so loyal.
- Tap the Potential’s Breakthroughs on the Bayou Retreat inspired an epiphany in Steve that ultimately allowed him to grow his team from 12 team members to 27 team members over a four-year period.
- Dr. Sabrina explains the costs of high turnover rates. When you don’t have turnover, that money becomes profit!
- The benefits that Steve has seen since implementing one-on-ones with his employees have been numerous.
- Steve had to work on his own personal development in order to be the leader he needed to be for his team when he was able to turn his business finances around.
- If you’re not willing to work on yourself, you won’t be able to keep the A-players that you attract to your team.
- Be intentional about creating the culture that you want for your business.
- How Steve started showing up as a leader and the impact it had on his team.
Links and Resources:
BUY THE BOOK ON AMAZON: How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
QUIZ: How to Hire the Best
COURSE: How to Hire the Best
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program.
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
Enjoy Listening to These Previous Episodes with Steven Bousquet!
Ep 90: Intentional Leadership with Pumpkin Plan Strategies with Steve Bousquet
Ep 14: Getting Out of Your Own Way in Business with Steven Bousquet
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best: The Rural Business Owner's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How To Hire The Best: The Contractor’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz
Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits!: 4 Keys to Unlock Your Business Potential by Greg Crabtree and Beverly Blair Harzog
Who by Geoff Smart and Randy Street
Connect with Steve!
American Landscape and Lawn Science LLC on Facebook