Dr. Sabrina’s latest book in her How to Hire the Best series, How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members, is all about creating a business that gives the business owner more time for what matters and more money in their bank account than they’ve ever had! One of the most important things you can do to that end is knowing how to attract and retain those A-players that will help you reach your goals.
One of Profit By Design’s favorite guests joins Dr. Sabrina in today's conversation. Donna Leyens shares with us her journey from being a solopreneur to running a business that is beginning to be able to run without her direct involvement.
For those listeners who are still in the initial hires process and who hear they can run a business without their own direct involvement, it may be very hard to imagine that this can happen for you. When you hear Donna’s story today, you will be able to see what is possible for yourself, so don’t miss this encouraging exchange!
Donna is the President and co-founder of Pumpkin Plan Your Biz. She is on a mission to save small businesses from extinction by providing business tools, strategy, training, and support to business professionals who want to make a big impact as small business growth strategists.
Most business coaches and consultants find themselves reinventing the wheel with each client, producing inconsistent results for their clients, and mental burnout for the coach. That’s why Donna, who experienced these issues herself in her early years as a business coach, partnered with Mike Michalowicz in 2012 to create a repeatable business growth program based on the strategies in Mike’s book, The Pumpkin Plan. Today, she spearheads the training, certification, and continued development of their proven business growth program, so that their certified Pumpkin Plan Strategists can easily and consistently deliver high value to more clients.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- The purpose of an accountability document is to ask yourself what you accomplished in the past week that has moved the business forward towards being a business that can run without you.
- A yearly accountability document can remind you of all you have accomplished in your business throughout the year.
- Dr. Sabrina and Donna discuss creative solutions to grow teams that don’t require full-time team members.
- Donna shares how she has seen her business grow over the last year.
- Donna addresses how to know when you’re ready to start hiring.
- Having a good team and systems in place were critical to Donna’s business when her family experienced a recent crisis.
- The 4 Week Vacation™ is so much more than a four-week vacation.
- Having a team that is focused on the same thing you are, which is making your business as good as it can be for your clients, is an amazing experience.
- Tap the Potential teaches the A-player team members of its clients’ businesses “How do I add value?” in Leadership Bootcamp.
- If you’re too involved in the processes of your business, ask your team members for ideas on how they can get you out of it.
Links and Resources:
BUY THE BOOK ON AMAZON: How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
QUIZ: How to Hire the Best
COURSE: How to Hire the Best
NEW!! Coming in 2021: A-Player Onboarding Course
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program.
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best: The Rural Business Owner's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How To Hire The Best: The Contractor’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz