When you think about hiring someone to work for you, do you consider them employees or team members? In this Chapter Five sneak preview of How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members, Dr. Sabrina’s latest book in her How to Hire the Best series, learn how a simple mindset shift can make a huge difference in how you make your hiring decisions and how those decisions bring value to your business plans. Dr. Sabrina also shares tips on leading with confidence and polishing your delegating skills.
Stacey Seguin, a valued team member of Tap the Potential, interviews Dr. Sabrina in this peek inside the book that addresses one of the biggest hurdles that entrepreneurs face—finding the right team to support and further their business vision. Don’t miss this conversation around the Tap the Potential Solution™ to creating a business that gives the business owner more time for what matters and more money in their bank account than they’ve ever had!
As a Tap the Potential strategist, Stacey specializes in Profit First and Pumpkin Planning and supports Tap the Potential by providing clients with guidance towards advancing their company goals and assisting them in problem-solving any business challenges they may encounter along the way.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- The power of “yet”: Shift your “I can’t” into an “I’m not able to do this YET”.
- Dr. Sabrina explains the difference between employees and team members.
- It’s necessary to get the self-doubt gremlins out of our heads so that we can operate from a place of confidence and trust.
- Having diversity on a team—not only in terms of ethnicity, but also in terms of personalities, strengths, perspectives, and backgrounds—means making better decisions as a team because we’re tapping into that diversity.
- It’s better to hire people who have A-player qualities that fit with your immutable laws than it is to hire people for their skill set. Skill sets can be trained, developed, and nurtured, but you cannot turn somebody into an A-player with training.
- Dr. Sabrina addresses how to distinguish between the performance of an A-player and someone who is not an A-player.
- When errors are made by an A-player, it is often due to a gap in our systems somewhere. Use errors as opportunities to strengthen those systems.
- If something in a team member hits a nerve in us, we need to ask ourselves how it might be related to our own behaviors and choices in our business and how we handle things.
- We need to be aware of how we are living our life as a leader because that will translate into how the business is run.
- When we have lives away from our business, we are better at how we show up at work.
Links and Resources:
Are You Ready to Hire?
NEW BOOK! How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program.
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
COMING NOVEMBER 18th!
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top-Performing Team Members by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
COMING FALL 2021!
The 4 Week Vacation™ by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How to Hire the Best: The Rural Business Owner's Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
How To Hire The Best: The Contractor’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Employees by Dr. Sabrina Starling PhD
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz