Guess what? I’m on a 4-week vacation right now, but I didn’t want to leave you without regular content. I’ve chosen to fill these slots with some of our best interviews with business owners who have taken 4-week vacations. I want to inspire you with what’s possible for YOU! Today’s episode is an interview from 2018 with Steve Bousquet, and we spoke the day after he returned from a 4-week vacation.
I hope that, in the midst of the challenges and pain of entrepreneurship, you are inspired to make the 4 Week Vacation Pledge®️. I want you to be the next business owner that we support and celebrate in taking a 4-week vacation. You deserve it!
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production.
- Dr. Sabrina is writing a book, The 4 Week Vacation®️, documenting what happens in a business from the moment that a business owner commits to taking a 4-Week Vacation until the time they take it. She will go deeper into what's involved in a later episode.
- You can download Dr. Sabrina's 4-Week Vacation Jumpstart Guide right now. Go to www.drsabrinastarling.com/jumpstart.
- Steve talks about the 4 Week Vacations he's taken before, the first of which was not a “vacation” but rather an extended absence following an injury.
- Steve discusses what his business was like back when he had to take an unplanned six weeks off work in 2014.
- The preparations and plans that Steven made, and why he made them, before taking his unplanned six-week vacation.
- How Steve's business grew 6% without him being around.
- Steve is still working on getting out of the way.
- The way that Steve implemented Pumpkin Plan and Profit First.
- The difference that having things clearly defined and money properly managed made to Steve's business.
- This time around, Steve took his 4 Week Vacation after growing the company by acquiring another business.
- Successfully doubling the business and integrating new team members smoothly at the same time.
- Steve's secret to keeping his staff for a really long time.
- Traveling to ten different businesses across southern America to get a different perspective and to get out of the way of his people's talents.
- The benefits of taking time off from your business.
- How to start getting out of your own way in your business.
- Bringing in new people to train for unique roles and key functions and working through the pushbacks.
- The things that became really clear to Steve after taking four weeks off.
- The struggles that come with running a small business.
- Always keep your eye on your mission.
- The importance of understanding the numbers.
- Hitting profit targets every year by implementing processes.
- Steven got really serious about watching his numbers in 2012 by using only three books- Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profit by Greg Crabtree, Accounting For The Numberphobic by Dawn Fotopulos, and Profit First by Mike Michalowicz.
- Tripling his company profit since the 2008 recession due to understanding the numbers.
Links and Resources:
Make the 4 Week Vacation®️ Pledge: www.tapthepotential.com/pledge
Take the Better Business, Better Life Assessment: www.tapthepotential.com/assessment
Join the Tap the Potential Community on Mighty Networks: www.tapthepotential.com
Let us help you and your business! Book a call with us today!
Learn more about our Breakthroughs Retreat scheduled for March 2024!
Let us help you manage your time, your most valuable resource! Get your FREE copy of the
Tap the Potential Strategic Planner for 2023 at www.tapthepotential.com/planner.
Download Dr. Sabrina’s Introductory Training: How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour