On today’s episode, Dr. Sabrina and Mike Bruno sit down with Corey Kupfer for a paradigm-shifting conversation. Listen in for powerful questions that will change your mindset and get you thinking in bigger ways, including how you can discover opportunities for improving your negotiating and deal-making skills.
Corey Kupfer is a rarity among attorneys—he both understands and appreciates how business people think. He is an expert strategist, dealmaker, and business consultant with more than 30 years of professional negotiating experience as a successful entrepreneur and attorney. Corey is actively and personally involved in the corporate and deal practice areas of the law firm he founded, Kupfer & Associates, PLLC including sophisticated corporate structuring, high-level strategic advice, mergers, acquisitions, succession, and other deals for domestic and international companies while overseeing the firm’s other practice areas.
He is the author of Authentic Negotiating and the host of the DealQuest podcast. You can learn more about Corey and his latest projects at www.coreykupfer.com.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Corey shares how his interest in both authenticity and negotiation started from a very young age.
- Early on, Corey observed that there are certain traits that master negotiators have.
- Learn to control emotions so that they do not have an impact on the negotiation.
- Corey details the “CDE”, the fundamental framework for authentic negotiating:
- C for clarity
- D for detachment
- E for equilibrium
- Corey covers questions to ask yourself for gaining clarity:
- What is it that you do in your life to get centered and reconnected?
- The Five Why’s
- “CPR” – Context, purpose, and results
- Dr. Sabrina and Corey discuss limiting beliefs and the importance of mindset shift.
- If you’re taking the next right action, trust that you’re moving in the right direction and trust that it will be revealed to you what the next right action is.
- Corey defines and explains the Pygmalion effect (also known as the Rosenthal effect) and how this had a profound impact in his own life.
- When working through a paradigm, expect “terror barriers”. Learn how to break and advance through it instead of bouncing off of it and settling back to the ex-paradigm.
- Corey’s website will soon have assessments and programs around deal-making, so opt into his list for the Conversation, Connection, & Cocktails calls to hear more about them!
Links and Resources:
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
How to Hire the Best: The Entrepreneur’s Ultimate Guide to Attracting Top Performing Team Members Launching Nov. 18!
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
Are You Leading with Love or Know Another Entrepreneur Who Is Being a Gift from Their Gifts During This Time?
Please use hashtags #leadwithlove #beagift and we will be re-posting these social media posts!
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Connect with Corey!
The DealQuest Podcast with Corey Kupfer
Conversation, Connection, & Cocktails FREE Opt-In Zoom calls
Authentic Negotiating: Clarity, Detachment, & Equilibrium The Three Keys To True Negotiating Success & How To Achieve Them by Corey Kupfer
The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life by Lynne Twist
Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
Enjoy This Referenced Episode:
Ep 95: How the Right Clients Bring Peace and Personal Growth with Andrew Tvardzik