Are Your A-Players Burning Out?
Let’s talk about you. How are you doing with managing your stress? Right now, world events bring a lot of anxiety and stress, and we are still recovering from the COVID pandemic and its impact on our businesses. In addition, I from hear from many of you that hiring continues to be a challenge and that you are doing everything you can with a “lean and mighty” team. It is important to do a check-in with yourself and your team, especially regarding burnout.
Join me for a closer look at burnout, energy gainers and drainers, and why knowing your team members’ strengths might be the answer to preventing burnout in A-players.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Check-in questions to ask yourself, the chief A-player in your business:
- Does your mood fluctuate based on how the business is doing?
- In the last three days, have you neglected any basic needs, such as sleep, healthy eating, or social interaction—because of work?
- Are you finding it hard to switch off and NOT think about the business?
- Do you feel that no one understands you and the stressors you’re experiencing?
- Why you need to take our FREE Better Business, Better Life Assessment if you’ve never taken it, or feel free to take it again if it’s been more than a few months
- What we have found in the correlation between a higher number of systems and a lower risk for burnout
- How to identify your energy “gainers” and “drainers”—and what you can do about them!
- Why burnout is the downside to having a team of A-players (and how to spot the symptoms!)
- How to help your A-players fight against burnout by teaching them to delegate lower-value tasks to others and making sure they know how to say NO
- Tips for supporting your A-players and preventing burnout:
- Educate them about what burnout is, and give them permission to talk about it.
- Help them shift responsibilities off their plate and maintain good boundaries about work time.
- Talk to them about energy gainers and drainers, and encourage them to focus daily on energy gainers. Find out what they don’t enjoy doing that someone else might like to do.
- How having your team members work from their strengths helps prevent burnout AND increase productivity (There are tools to help!)
Links and Resources:
Learn more about the next How to Hire the Best course.
New! Now Available!!
The 4 Week Vacation book with bonuses!
Download Dr. Sabrina’s Introductory Training: How to Make Your Time Worth $10,000 an Hour
Join Dr. Sabrina in our Entrepreneurs Take Your Live Back! Community